We Represent Accountants Before IDFPR
The law firm of Williams & Nickl, LLC represents accountants. Our attorneys protect your professional licenses before the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR).
Laws Governing Accountants
The following links are to the primary statutes and Rules that govern the practice of all accountants. Although a Rule is promulgated differently than a statute, a Rule, once passed, has the same effect as a statute. It is the law for those licensed professionals to whom it pertains.
- Illinois Public Accounting Act (225 ILCS 450, et. seq.)
- Civil Administrative Code of Illinois (20 ILCS 2105/2105-1, et seq.)
- Illinois Administrative Procedure Act (5 ILCS 100/1-1, et. seq.)
- Implementing the Illinois Public Accounting Act (68 ILAC 1420.10, et seq.)
- Implementing Section-19 of the Illinois Public Accounting Act (68 ILAC 1430.101, et seq.)
- Administrative Procedures for General Professional Regulation (68 ILAC 1130.10, et. seq.)
- Rules of Practice in Administrative Hearings (68 ILAC 1110.5, et seq.)
33 Years of IDFPR Experience
Since we have been defending or prosecuting licensees as IDFPR lawyers for more than 33 years, our firm is uniquely positioned to lead your defense and guide you through the process. Edward W. Williams and Fred Nickl have a reputation as tough litigators who will not hesitate to take a case to a formal evidentiary hearing if it is warranted.
Before you agree to an interview, produce a document, surrender your license, or meet with a IDFPR employee or investigator, contact us immediately.
We're Trusted Legal and Governmental Affairs Consultants to:
Illinois Security Professionals Association (ISPA)
Associated Detectives and Security Agencies of Illinois (ADSAI)
Cook County Funeral Directors Association (CCFDA)