The course is a 6 hour seminar to instruct beginner and veteran process servers. The cost of the seminar, which includes our Process Serving in Illinois manual, is $395.00. This is our fifth year of presenting an ever-evolving seminar.
The cost of the class is $395.00 and $195.00 for additional attendees of the same firm.
The course curriculum provides a comprehensive foundation for those new to or considering a career in process serving. For veteran process servers, the class provides a comprehensive review of the recent Illinois court cases that have had a major impact on Illinois process serving law: serving a resident of a gated community or condo association, serving via Facebook and other social media, the important difference between serving a dissolved LLC vs. a dissolved corporation (inc.), trespass immunity and more.
We designed the seminar to provide basic training for the absolute novice and to provide a refresher for the experienced process server via formalized instruction on the law and procedure for proper service of process. The Process Serving in Illinois manual you receive is the only one of its kind in Illinois. We guarantee that you will not be disappointed.
Upon completion, all registrants receive a personalized Continuing Education completion certificate. Certification demonstrates to your clients or employers that you are fully trained in all rules and concepts of Illinois process serving.
You also receive a Process Serving in Illinois manual which will serve as a complete reference guide on the law of service of process in Illinois.
Where and When
May 30, 2019
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m (includes a one hour lunch break)
205 W. Wacker Drive
2nd Floor Classroom
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Introduction To Process Serving
- Factual and Legal Underpinnings of Due Process
- Personal Jurisdiction
Service of Process via Social Media
- What the Affidavit Necessary to Obtain Court Permission Must Contain
State and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Governing Process Serving
- The Mechanics of Lawful Methods of Service of Process
- Personal vs. Substitute Service
- Publication and Other Methods of Service
- Where and When May Lawful Service Be Obtained
- Other Legal Restrictions and Requirements
Best Practices For Process Serving
- Tips and Tools of the Trade
- Skip Tracing and Due Diligence
Affidavits of Service and Other Reporting
- Active vs. Passive Voice: Choosing Wrong Can Void Service
- Testifying In Court or Administrative Hearings
Ethical and Professional Rules of Conduct
- Defending Against A Charge of Fraudulent Service by IDFPR
- Defending Against a Criminal Accusation of Impersonating a Police Officer
Who May Legally Serve Process in Illinois
- How to Become an Illinois Licensed Private Detective
- PERC Registration Requirements
- Court Appointment
This seminar will provide basic training for the absolute novice and will provide a refresher for the experienced process server regarding the ever evolving law and procedure for proper service of process in Illinois. The Process Serving in Illinois manual you will receive is the only one of its kind in Illinois. We guarantee that you will not be disappointed.
$395.00 ($195.00 each for additional members of the same firm)
*This course is not affiliated in any manner nor is it endorsed or sponsored by NAPPS®.