We Represent Funeral Directors Before IDFPR
The law firm of Williams & Nickl, LLC represents funeral directors. Our attorneys protect your professional licenses before the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR).
Laws Governing Funeral Directors
The following links are to the primary statutes and Rules that govern the practice of all funeral directors. Although a Rule is promulgated differently than a statute, a Rule, once passed, has the same effect as a statute. It is the law for those licensed professionals to whom it pertains.
- Funeral Directors and Embalmers Licensing Code (225 ILCS 41/1-1, et. seq.)
- Civil Administrative Code of Illinois (20 ILCS 2105/2105-1, et seq.)
- Disposition of Remains Act (755 ILCS 65/5-1, et seq.)
- Vital Records Act (410 ILCS 535/1, et seq.)
- Rules for Implementing the Funeral Directors and Embalmers Licensing Code (68 ILAC 1250.110, et seq.)
- Illinois Administrative Procedure Act (5 ILCS 100/1-1, et. seq.)
- Administrative Procedures for General Professional Regulation (68 ILAC 1130.10, et. seq.)
- Rules of Practice in Administrative Hearings (68 ILAC 1110.5, et seq.)
33 Years of IDFPR Experience
Since we have been defending or prosecuting licensees as IDFPR lawyers for more than 33 years, our firm is uniquely positioned to lead your defense and guide you through the process. Edward W. Williams and Fred Nickl have a reputation as tough litigators who will not hesitate to take a case to a formal evidentiary hearing if it is warranted.
Before you agree to an interview, produce a document, surrender your license, or meet with a IDFPR employee or investigator, contact us immediately.
We're Trusted Legal and Governmental Affairs Consultants to:
Illinois Security Professionals Association (ISPA)
Associated Detectives and Security Agencies of Illinois (ADSAI)
Cook County Funeral Directors Association (CCFDA)