Significant Experience in Healthcare and Business IDFPR License Defense
The choice of counsel in professional licensure defense has never been a casual or uncomplicated decision. Personal relationships, experience, fees, and even reputation are vital components to consider in choosing an attorney to defend your professional license. You can expect and demand a high level of commitment, detail, and energy as a client.
Over the years, members of the firm have prosecuted or defended over 1,000 criminal, civil or administrative trials, including formal evidentiary trials and hearings.
- We have assisted thousands of applicants in obtaining their professional licenses.
- We have appealed many Final Administrative Orders to Circuit Courts.
- We have defended and prosecuted criminal, civil and administrative appeals to the Illinois Appellate Courts.
- We are licensed to practice in Illinois and the Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court: Northern District of Illinois.
We act as general legal and governmental affairs consultants to the following organizations:
- Illinois Association of Security Companies (ILASCO)
- Associated Detectives and Security Agencies of Illinois (ADSAI)
- Illinois Security Chiefs Association (ISCA)
- Illinois Associated Guard & Patrol Agencies (AGPA)
As can be expected, case histories for professional clients, describing even the basics of licensure defense and consulting, are confidential and do not lend themselves to public summary. We keep client information (and identities) confidential for all professional licensure cases.
When it comes to litigation, we can summarize publicly available information without revealing client identities and information. Representative case histories for members of our firm include:
- Filed and won many Administrative Reviews (appeals) of IDFPR decisions on behalf of licensed professionals, including physicians.
- Successfully defended a large Private Security Contractor Agency in a lawsuit that alleged our client’s security officer failed to prevent a shooting death.
- Obtained successful settlements in Federal Court against municipalities for violations of our clients’ civil rights.
- Defense of a significant number of medical malpractice cases filed against physicians.
- Dozens of jury trials, and even more trials before a judge.
- Hundreds of contested administrative hearings.